USB Wired Low Vision Magnifer KLN-RU35
Buttons on the magnifying unit:
Mode button: Has 3 different settings, color, negative and positive.
Color - Color images
Negative - This makes text appear white with a black background.
Positive - This makes text appear black with a white background.
Freeze: Freeze and D-freeze current image
Wheels: The unit has 4 roller wheels to help guide the unit from left to right in a straight line. This is quite a useful feature and is not common to other similar products.
Power switch: On the side of the magnifying unit is the on and off switch. The switch moves backwards and forwards.
• Inexpensive for this type of video magnifier
• Freeze frame
• variable magnification (20 - 70x on a 20 inch monitor)
• variable viewing modes
Points to Consider:
• The starting magnification level is quite large and may be too large for a number of people.
• If you are a quick reader, In both positive and negative modes, the text would distort. This is a common problem with units like this. Slower readers would not see this as much.
• On and off switch for the magnifying unit is very firm.
• As with all units that are placed directly on top of the reading material, The lights on the units cause problems with shiny surfaces such as magazines and coloured brochures.
Some people find it easier to guide these types of magnifiers by placing their entire hand over the unit rather than holding it with a few fingers.
Size of Unit box:: 21cm*16cm*9cm Gross Weight:510g
Size of One Carton:46*50*52CM, Gorss Weitgh: 16kg. 30 units/one carton